- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know ASAP if the piece has been picked up by another journal.
- We accept submissions year-round, and publish quarterly.
- Include the author's name, address, telephone number, and email address at the top of the manuscript, along with a specific word count.
- Authors should include a brief biographical note as a separate word document with their submission
- Currently, submitting to Arthropod is free. In the future, we hope to instate a nominal reading fee to allow us to pay authors for their works.
- We accept prose of ANY length, though we recommend staying below 10,000 words.
- Each reading period, authors may submit up to:
Three (3) pieces of Micro Fiction (<300 words)
Two (2) pieces of Flash Fiction (300-1,000 words)
One (1) piece of Short Fiction (>1,000 words)
- Authors should submit a word document in 12-point type with at least 1-inch margins, double-spaced.
- If submitting multiple works, please send them as separate documents
- If submitting multiple works, please send a single document, with one poem per page